Let's Take the Kids! Great Places to Go in New York's Hudson Valley
Member Price: $17.06 Join now
Please enter your Member promo code in checkout to receive your 10% discount.
by Joanne Michaels
Let's Take The Kids! features hundreds of family activities for an afternoon, weekend, or a whole week in the Hudson Valley, Catskill Mountains, and beyond. From picnic spots to riverboat cruises, every listing in this guide is written with a kid's interests and attention span in mind. If you are the parent of a child 2-12 years of age, this is an indispensable resource that will keep your family delighted for years to come.
Including the Catskills, the Capital Region, the Adirondacks, Lake George, the Berkshires, and Cooperstown.
This fully updated and expanded fourth edition includes:
• Water Activities: boat cruises, fishing, canoe trips, and swimming holes
• Educational Stops: kid-friendly museums, historical sites, and nature centers
• Winter Sports: skiing, sledding, and ice-skating
• Seasonal Events: festivals, pick-your-own farms, theater and air shows
• Kids' Favorites: biking and hiking trails, amusement parks, zoos and picnic spots
“Good details on weekend trips in the manner of the old-time guides.” —The New York Times
“Dozens of delightful spring and summer jaunts.” —New York Magazine
“A breath of cool country air, especially for city dwellers seeking a great escape.” —Family Travel Times
“An essential resource for every parent, grandparent, and teacher-it should be kept in the car at all times.” —John Heard, father in the Home Alone movies